Task List for Trip Participants|
1. Make arrangesments for time off from work/school, etc.
2. Sign up for the trip.
3. Complete the many required forms through Pure Charity.
4. Secure at least three prayer partners (more is better).
5. Set up fundraising page with Pure Charity. (purecharity.com)
6. Get vaccinations. (See note below.)
7. Calendar any announced team meetings and training.
8. Visit training page and watch videos there.
9. Get a trip itinerary when available and make all arrangements.
10. Pray daily for the listed items below.
1. We will be at high altitude which means no mosquito problems, but we will land and spend some time in Guayaquil which is hot and wet.
1. Tuesday, August 1, 7:00pm
We all meet up in Miami for the flight to Guayaquil, the largest city in Ecuador but not the capital, which is Quito. We'll spend the night there, then travel to Guaranda the following day.
Typical Weekly Schedule
Typical Daily Schedule
I wouldn't go without Hep A and Tetnus. Here are the suggestions from the CDC regarding Ecuador.
1. Pray for the lost people we'll be engaging. Pray that God would prepare them to hear the gospel.
2. Pray for the host church you'll be working with. People from there will be training to work with you.
3. Pray for the pastor of the host church, that he'll have wisdom about where to plant a new church.
4. Pray for other members of the North American team.
5. Pray for our translators.
Liz G (Birmingham, AL)
Jay G (Birmingham, AL)
Jon M (Birmingham, AL)
Jason (Birmingham, AL)
Jay B (Dallas, TX)
Janet B (Little Rock, AR)
Nicholas W (Harrisburg, PA)
Things to Pack
I'm just beginning this list.
Half roll of toilet paper in a zip lock bag.
Cap or hat.
Snacks for field work. (Crackers, chips, etc. & to share with your team!)